Friday, February 1, 2013

Legs and Parts

It has been a while since I made a post so I figured I should show that I have not been idle.

I started back to work on the legs to get them glued up and fitted to the frame.  Eddie chiseled the notches in the legs for me while I watched and made sure I didn't pass out if he went all the way through.


 
 But he didn't mess up and they came out really nice I think. 
I spent a little time on the center sections with the band saw and cut out the middle and the notches on those easily.

So the notches are finished and after some sanding to clean it up a bit they will be ready to glue up.

On another note I worked on the leg hubs while Eddie was cutting the notches in the legs.  lots of lines and drilling later and I have this as the result.

So those are good to go I went ahead and routed them down to the appropriate 6.25" they are supposed to be and everything is good to go except the hole in the middle to run the wires through but I will do that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment