Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dome Paint

Well after a bit of foul weather and fowl weather ha ha ha, oh sorry, I got fed up and Eddie and I went to the shop fired up the heater and got to painting.

I did the modified Krider method, on my dome.  I was unable to find Rustoleum metallic purple so I had to go with Testors Purple-licous.

I might add that this stuff is PURPLE, holly cow I thought we ruined all the damned sanding and priming on some freaking purple purpleness that shot out of the can in a very big PURPLE, did I mention that it was purple?

Moving on after two light coats of purple, we sprayed on a coat of the Duplicolor anodized blue.

It really toned it down to a nice purple blue.  Deciding it was now 1 in the morning Eddie and I decided to call it a night let the paint set up and come back to it after a while.

Yeah Eddie was being very mature through the whole process, considering he was the one that actually did the painting I can't say a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment