Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wooden Frame

So on to the build:

It started with a wood frame made from plans off the R2 Builders yahoo group.  Credit goes to Mike Senna for the wood frame and Matt Henricks for these plans I simply turned them in to usable DXF files for the cnc program to use.

That is the begging of an R2!  Yeah doesn't look like much but I promise it will start to be one.  I also had the wooden legs cut at the same time however I never took any pictures of them.  This picture was of the frame before glue up.  I did not document my glue up mainly because I screwed up and didn't wait for the skins like I should have and got in a hurry and now I have a few blems to fix.

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I am looking to build an R2d2 and I was wondering what the measurements are for this frame? ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ! I wanna build a R2 too with this wooden frame. Could you send me your .dxf files please? I can not create the dxf from the pdf plans. The droid is for the kids and i need help. michel.fibs@yahoo.com Thanks a lot from germany...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ! my name is Angelo, I'm putting the pieces together to start building an R2 with a wood frame, plywood. Could you send me your DXF files, please? I've tried to create DXF from PDF and errors always appear. R2D2 is an old dream. Email angelofarinhas@gmail.com I'm from Brazil

    ReplyDelete